Artists and creatives from Australia and around the world.

25/09/2013

Food Rant #1

Coming to the end of week two of the 8-week I Quit Sugar program I feel like it's what I want to write about. I don't normally write about myself, or food in fact but since this is the most exciting different thing i've done in a while it is kind of taking over my thoughts. Quitting sugar is somewhat easy and crazy hard at the same time. The first six weeks of the program is the detox... so no sugar is allowed including fruit. I think this is probably the worst part for me. Every time I crave sugar I think 'this craving would be fixed if I could just eat an apple or some grapes or strawberries!!'. It's alright though... most of the time sugar isn't in main meals so it's easy to not eat it. It's just when you snack that it's hard... and I seem to snack a lot.

During the two weeks so far I've tried out a few recipes from Sarah Wilson's I Quit Sugar book. I've decided that I love a lot of the savoury recipes but when it comes to trying to make sweet things, with substitute sweeteners then its pretty gross. My taste buds just want real sweetness! Real sugar!

But I've been looking at heaps of blogs and getting inspired, especially for after week six when I can have fruit again! Secret Squirrel Food is one of my favourite inspirations at the moment. Just check out some of the creations by Melbourne born Karen McLean. YUM!







No comments :

Post a Comment